Hackerspace LA Meetup – May 11, 2016
Social Media for Beginners
So you want to use social media to expose your brand, products, or services to the world. The first think you need to realize is that it takes time and effort to put all the pieces together. Once you get all your ducks in a row and dotted all your i’s and crossed all your t’s you will find that it is actually easy to maintain a social media presence where your product sells itself.
- Automation: Automation will become your best tool. You will need to post regularly on all your social media accounts to start building a base. There are many tools that will help you achieve that.
- Consistency: Make sure your message is always the same.
- Content: Content is king. Original and helpful content in your social media streams will make your brand more appealing to prospective customers.
- Authority: Become an authority in your field. Having all the answers helps your brand.
- Branding: Your logo is your brand. Associate your products with a logo to create a brand.
- Follow the big/stablished leaders in your field. Learn from them.
- Interact with key figures in your social media streams. (Klout)
- Stablish yourself as a leader/authority in your field. (Quora, LinkedIn)
- Secure your niche before expanding.
- Research your fields social media hubs. (forums)
- Signatures are gold!!!
- Ride the trends. Be careful not to be an a-hole.
- Host events (online or at a meetup
Social Media Tools
- Username, Domain & Trademark Search: https://namechk.com/
- Create a Feed for any Webpage, and Publish or Follow Updates: https://feedity.com/
- Connect the apps you love: https://ifttt.com/
- Web base application to feed RSS straight to Social Media: http://twitterfeed.com/
- Social media management for marketers and agencies: https://buffer.com/
- Blog/web site platform: https://www.blogger.com/
- Blog/web site platform on steroids: https://en.wordpress.com/
- Social media analytics: https://klout.com/
- Social media marketing tools (Free): http://www.hubspot.com/free-marketing-resources
- Social media graphics design tools: https://www.canva.com/
- Email notifications by topic/key word: https://www.google.com/alerts
- Analytics: https://www.google.com/analytics
- Face to face virtual meetings: https://hangouts.google.com/
- Face to face virtual meetings: https://www.skype.com/
Top Social Media Sites
|· Google Plus+||· Snapchat|
|· Periscope||· SoundCloud|
Online Authoritative Presence
- About Me
- Industry Portals